Edit Table of Contents Settings
This lesson will teach you how to edit a Table of Contents, which enables you to change the Name, Parent Group, and Single Sign-On Theme. You are also able to decide whether or not the Table of Contents should be Hidden, be Locked, and decide how to Limit Instrument Assessors.
Step 1: Access the Table of Contents
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Curriculum.
3. Select Tables of Contents.
Step 2: Edit the Table of Contents
4. Locate the Table of Contents that you would like to edit.
5. Click anywhere on the table of content's row to reveal its options. Select Edit.
Step 3: Access the Table of Contents' Settings
6. On the Edit Table of Contents screen, click on the Settings tab.
Step 4: Edit the Table of Contents' Settings
Using the Settings tab, you have the ability to:
7. Edit the Name of the Table of Contents.
8. Edit the Type of Table of Contents.
All Tables of Contents, aside from those being used for edTPA (Teacher Performance Assessment), should be set to Normal.
9. Edit the Table of Contents' Parent Group.
10. Edit or select a Theme for Single Sign-On Portfolios. If your institution does not use SSO, the default selection of (No Default) should remain.
11. Hide the Table of Contents to prevent users from creating Portfolios using it.
12. Lock the Table of Contents to disallow students from adding custom pages to its structure.
If a student adds custom pages to the Table of Contents' structure in their Portfolio, the change will only be made in their Portfolio. It does not affect the Table of Contents structure for any other user.
13. Choose how the Assessor list will be populated upon submission.
14. The Enhanced Privacy setting allows for HIPPAA compliance. Selecting this option disables sharing of the portfolio and restricts access to only the portfolio author and assessors to whom it was submitted in order to protect sensitive information.
If the Enhanced Privacy setting is active, the Table of Contents will appear on the main Tables of Contents screen with a "Private" marker beside its name.
Step 5: Save Settings
15. Once all changes have been made, click on the Save Settings button.