Add a Contact or Guest
This help page will walk you through the process of bulk- or singularly-adding guests to your Chalk & Wire site.
A Guest account can be useful if an Assessor does not work for your institution, but will be assessing a student at your institution within the Chalk & Wire environment. Guest accounts have limited access to the site and its contents, and do not require a code for creation.
Access the Contact List Manager
Add Guests in Bulk
If you have a large number of Guests to enter, it is best to add them all at once.
Step 1: Access Bulk Importer
3. Click on the Import Contacts button.
NOTE: Prior to importing Guests in bulk, you will need to have created a Department Contact List. If you have not done so, please visit the Create Department Contact List help page for instructions.
Step 2: Select Contact List for Guests
Step 3: Enter Guest Information
6. Use the Delimiter drop-down menu to select your delimiter type. If you are copying your list of guests from an Excel spreadsheet, select the "tab" option. If you are copying your list of guests from a Word document, or entering them manually, select the "comma" option.
NOTE: If you have selected the "comma" option for your delimiter, ensure that you do not include a space after each option. See below:
- Incorrect: Laura Gammon, Mike Dorrington
- Correct: Laura Gammon,Mike Dorrington
7. Paste or type the site assessors into the text box.
8. Click Continue.
Step 4: Define Guest Information
Add Guests Individually
If you only have one or a few guests to add, you might consider adding them individually.