Create a New Knowledge Area
Knowledge Areas are categories of skills, knowledge, placement types, etc. They are set up by Administrators, and are used to track student experiences with regards to specific areas.
Data on various Knowledge Areas is collected through candidate journalling. When a Journal is created, the Administrator can create an hours-tracking question that is specific to a Knowledge Area. Once enough data has been collected, the Administrator can then run a Knowledge Area Report.
Step 1: Access Field Placements
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Field Placements.
Step 2: Access Knowledge Areas
On the Experiential Learning screen:
3. Click on the Knowledge Areas tab.
Under the Knowledge Areas tab:
4. Click on the New Knowledge Area button.
Step 3: Create a New Knowledge Area
A pop-up window will appear on your screen.
5. Enter a Name for the Knowlege Area.
6. Optionally enter a Description for the Knowledge Area.
7. Enter the number of Target Hours.
8. Click Save.
Step 4: View Knowledge Area
9. Your new Knowledge Area will appear on the screen in alphabetical order with any others. You will have the options to Edit or Delete the Knowledge Area.