Generate Journal Summary
This lesson will teach you how to generate a Journal Summary, which is only available on Journal Template forms that use an "Hours" Grid question.
Step 1: Access Forms
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Curriculum.
3. Select Forms.
Step 2: View Form
4. Locate the form containing responses that you would like to report, and click anywhere on its row to reveal its options. Select View.
Step 3: Access Journal User Summary
This option is only available if the form that you are viewing is a Journal Template form and it is using an "Hours" Grid question type.
5. From the View Form screen, click on the Journal Summaries button.
Step 4: Generate Summary
6. Make the appropriate sections in the User, Journal, Subject, and Breakdown sections.
7. Select whether you would like to:
- Display Complete Breakdown
- Exclude Unsigned Entries
- Use Question Abbreviations
8. Select how you would like to view the summary:
- Generate Summary: This option will display the summary on screen, within the Chalk & Wire application.
- Export TSV: This option will export the summary as a tab-delimited text file.
- Export Excel: Â This option will also export the summary, though as a Microsoft Excel file.