Bulk Change User Information
This lesson will teach you how to bulk change user information. This feature can be useful if you need to generate a new/random password for one or more users, adding multiple users to a department, and more.
Additionally, users whose accounts were created by an Administrator using a bulk registration code are typically sent an email notification with their login information. If during the account creation process, the 'Send email to user(s)' option was not selected, users will not receive their User ID and Password via email notification. Generating a new random password will trigger a new notification to be sent with the user's login information.
This help page demonstrates bulk changing user passwords, though (with the appropriate adjustments) it may be used to bulk change any user information.
Step 1: Access the Users Screen
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Users & Groups.
3. Select Users.
Step 2: Bulk Change User Information
4. Click the Bulk Change User Information button.
Step 3: Enter User Information
On the Update Users screen:
5. Optionally select Send email to user(s). This will prompt an email to the user to notify them of the updates made to their account.
6. Select the Delimiter that you would like to use. Delimiter options are comma, pipe, or tab. If you are copying content from a Microsoft Excel form, select 'Delimiter'.
7. Enter an identifier for each user, as well as the information that you would like to change.
If you are changing user information to update a password, you may enter a specific password or generate a random password by entering an asterisk (*) in one of your columns.
8. Click Continue.
Step 4: Define Columns
9. Use the drop-down menus to define the columns in the text area.
10. Click Continue.
Step 5: Account Update Confirmation
The user(s) update will be confirmed in green.