Create a Collaborative Assignment
This lesson will teach you how to create a Collaborative Assignment. Collaborative Assignments are assigned to groups of users, so that multiple users can work simultaneously within the same assignment workspace environment. The submission of a collaborative assignment will automatically be sent to the assessor who created the assignment when the students click 'Submit'.
NOTE: In order to create an Assignment, you must first create a Course Group. For information on creating a Course Group, please visit the Create a New Course Group help page.
Step 3: Complete Assignment's Initial Setup
5. Under the Assignment Type, select Collaboration.
6. Select whether or not you would like to Collect Peer Feedback, and/or Student Can Rate Themselves.
- Collect Peer Feedback: This feature provides students with a new tab in the Workspace Portfolio where they are able to rate their peers based on contributions to the assignment. The students are never required to rate their peers, and if no rating is made the default score is 100. All peer ratings are anonymous.
- Student Can Rate Themselves: This feature simply add the student's own name to the list for peer feedback, enabling them to provide a rating for themselves.
7. Name the Assignment, and provide an optional Description. The description will be visible to the students.
8. Click on the Choose Instrument button to select the Assessment Instrument that you would like to employ.
9. Use the Table of Contents drop-down menu to select the Table of Contents that you would like to employ.
10. Select the appropriate Course group.
11. Click the Save Assignment button.
Step 4: Choose Scoring Method and Group
Step 5: Save Assignment Instance
Step 7: Choose the Setup and Groups
18. Select how you would like the Assignment to be scored:
- Group Score: All members receive the same score.
- Individual Scores: Assessor may give individual scores to group members based on feedback and contribution summaries.
19. Select the Workspace Group Setup:
- Students Select Their Group: Enables students to select who their peers will be in the Collaborative Assignment
- I Will Select Their Group: Enables the Assignment creator to select group sizes, and to "Generate Groups". If the creator is unhappy with the groups, they are able to edit them.