Request Resubmission from Student
To help streamline communication between Assessors and Students as well as to aid in closing the "feedback loop", you may request a resubmission from your Student if you are unsatisfied with their original submission. When a resubmission request is initiated, your Student will receive an email notification. Resubmission requests also appear on the Student's Chalk & Wire/CWPro Dashboard and when viewing the details of a completed assessment.
This is a great tool for assessments where a final grade is not yet the goal or cannot yet be awarded (work does not yet meet requirements), but feedback is desired and changes/improvements are expected to occur before a final grade is awarded. Only the final submission in a string of 1 or more resubmissions will be available for reporting.
Resubmissions may not be requested if:
- the assessment has been previously completed (reassessments are not eligible)
- the assessment was sent to an assessor pool
- the assessment is part of an escalation chain
- the assessment was transferred to a new assessment instrument and/or assessor
- the assessment is collaborative
- the assessment is the result of a supplemental instrument
If you do not see the "Request Resubmission" option in your assessment interface, it is likely the result of one of these parameters.
Step 1: Follow Assessment Workflow
A resubmission may be requested after you have reviewed the Student's submission and provided a score. The request process occurs in place of saving the assessment.
If you are uncertain of how to assess student work, please visit the following pages prior to continuing with this help page:
Step 2: Request Resubmission
1. Select the Request Resubmission button. Once you've done this, the Overall Comments box becomes a mandatory field. Enter a mandatory Overall Comment.
2. Click on the Request Resubmission button, which will have taken the place of the usual Save button.
The assessment process is complete and your student will receive an email and Dashboard notification that you have requested a resubmission, as is shown below:
External Assessor Account Access Time Period:
If you are an External Assessor/Guest and have completed your last pending assessment in Chalk & Wire/CWPro but requested a resubmission, your account will remain active and accessible for another seven days. If the student resubmits before the seven days have passed, your account will remain active until seven days after you assess their resubmission. If the student does not resubmit within seven days, your account will become expired until there is a new task (assessment or survey) for you to complete.