2. (Option C) Create a Singular Field Placement
This help page will walk you through the process of creating a singular Field Placement. You can use this creation method to create either an assigned or vacant Placement.
NOTE: You should create or ensure that you have your prerequisite resources ready prior to creating a Field Placement. If you are uncertain of which resources you require, please visit our Create Prerequisite Resources help page.
Step 1: Access Field Placements
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Work.
3. Select Field Placements.
Step 2: Create a New Field Placement
4. Click on the New Field Placement button.
Step 3: Fill in the Field Placement Details
5. Enter a Name for the Field Placement.
6. Select your Candidate Selection method:
- Candidates will apply for this placement: this method will create a vacant Field Placement to which students can apply.
- I will select the candidate: the Administrator creating the Field Placement will select the candidate.
7. Select a Site Assessor for the Field Placement.
8. Optionally add another Stakeholder to the Field Placement.
9. Select how you would like to specify a Location. You can either select an Existing Location or enter a New Location.
17. If you chose to create a vacant Placement, you must select an Application Form for the student to use while applying for the Field Placement.
18. Select an Open Date and Close Date for the application window. This will dictate when students can apply for the Field Placement.
19. Select a Journal Template for the student to use for documenting their field experience.
10. Select a Start Date, End Date, and Length (hrs) for the Field Placement.
11. Select the Department/Course to house the Field Placement.
12. Enter the Subject or Discipline that the Field Placement falls under.
13. Enter the Grade/Level that the Field Placement falls under.
If you would like to use a Custom Field:
14. Select the Custom Field from the drop-down menu.
15. Click on the Add Field button.
16. Fill in the Custom Field with the appropriate information.