How do I add new users?
Administrators can add many users at once, or just one user. Both methods are the same, and will be demonstrated in this lesson.
Before you can add users to your Chalk & Wire site, you must have Bulk Registration Codes in your system for the appropriate user type. If you do not have codes yet, please contact us to request some.
Step 1: Access Codes
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Users & Groups.
3. Select Codes.
Step 2: Locate Bulk Code
Under the Bulk Registration Codes heading, locate the appropriate code.
4. Use the Actions menu to select Add Users.
Note Sure Which Code to Use?
Refer to our User Type Permissions help page for information on each user type.
Step 3: Add New Users
In order to create an account you must provide the following information (minimum requirement): First Name, Last Name, Email Address. You can also provide additional information if desired, including: Requested User ID, Password, Student/Employee Number, and Department Name(s).
5. Select whether or not you would like to send an email to the new user(s) upon account creation. The email will contain pertinent information, such as login ID and password.
6. Select the Delimiter style (tab, pipe, comma).
If you will be copying and pasting the user’s information from an Excel spreadsheet, select the ‘tab’ delimiter. If you will be typing the text in manually, it is recommended that you use the ‘comma’ or ‘pipe’ delimiters.
7. Enter the new user(s) information into the text entry box on the right by copying and pasting from an Excel spreadsheet OR by manually entering the information. You must enter a valid email address for all new users in order create the account.
When pasting information from an Excel spreadsheet, do not include empty columns or cells from the spreadsheet as they will cause an error when creating the accounts. Only highlight and copy cells containing the user information.
8. Click Continue.
Step 4: Define Columns
9. Define the columns by using the appropriate drop-down menus.
10. Click Continue.
Step 5: User Creation Confirmation
The new accounts will be confirmed in green. A summary of the new accounts will be provided.