1. Select Report Settings
This help page will walk you through the steps necessary to set up your reports. Below is a sample report and does not represent the only method for setting up your report parameters and options. Your reports can be customized to meet your needs simply by selecting different report parameters and options from those shown here.
Step 1: Access Results Live
1. Click on the Main Menu icon.
2. Select Assessment.
3. Select Results Live.
Step 2: Select Report Scope Options
For the purposes of this sample report, we will be using the 'Assessment Instrument' and 'Overall Average' options. You can alternatively choose to report by any of the other available variables.
4. To generate a simple report for an Assessment Instrument, use the List By drop-down menu to select Assessment Instrument.
5. Using the Statistics drop-down menu and select Overall Average.
Step 3: Set Time Intervals
If you wish to select a specific time interval for your report use the Time Intervals section.
6. Click on the FROM and TO date windows to select dates. A calendar will pop up to make the date selection easier.
If you do not select a specific time interval for your report, the time interval will default to the last cache build range.
Optionally Add an Interval
Use the Add Interval button to create a comparison time interval for your report.
Step 4: Select Filter Options
7. Under the Assessment heading, select the standard set to view by clicking on the Choose Instrument button.
For the purposes of this report by Assessment Instrument, we will only be using the Assessment Instrument filter option, but you can also filter by:
- Survey Responses: Click the Select Responses button to filter your report results by a specific Demographic survey question and response.
- Student Group (Department): Click the Choose Group button if you wish to filter your report results by a specific group/department. This option is only necessary if your report scope includes data across multiple departments.
- Filter by Assessor: Click the Choose button if you wish to filter your report results by a specific Assessor.
Step 5: Set Calculation & Output Options
8. Calculation Options
- In Case of Multiple Submissions: If more than one submission was made and scored, this option allows you to select to include all submissions, average student submission scores, use the latest student submission score, or use the earliest student submission score.
- Filter by Date: This option allows you to select to filter by the date the submissions were made or the date the submissions were assessed.
- Statistics Mode: This option allows you to select to display population or sample statistics.
- Calculate Rubric Means Using: You have the option to calculate instrument means using Criterion scores or Overall scores.
- Reliability Assessment Scores: If you have performed reliability tests using this assessment instrument you can select to include or exclude the reliability assessment scores.
- Held Scores: Decide whether or not you would like to include held scores in your report.
9. Output Options
Select the output options you wish to include in your report by clicking on the associated checkboxes.
10. Pegging Scheme
If would like to apply a pegging scheme to the assessment instrument used for this report, use the drop-down menu to select the desired pegging scheme.
What are "Zero Performance Levels"?
Zero Performance Levels may be set up as part of your performance levels when you are creating instruments. A score of zero generally means that the work was not submitted or that the submitted work did not satisfy the requirements. Including the zero score in the calculation of the mean will negatively impact the mean score. Check this option only if you want to include zero scores in the calculation of the mean.
What are "Zero Scores"?
Zero scores should not be confused with 'Not Applicable' criterion scores. N/A scores are not included in the calculation of the mean score.
What are "Mean Bar Charts"?
The Mean Bar chart gives an indication of the range of scores. For example, if you have a seven (7) performance level scoring range, a mean of 3.5 would have a 50% mean bar chart.
Step 6: Generate Report
11. Optionally select to Save this search as your default.
12. Click Generate Report and select how the report should be generated. You can generate the report:
- On Screen: This selection will generate the report within Chalk & Wire on your screen.
- Excel TSV: This selection will generate and download the report as an Excel TSV file.
- Raw XML: This selection will generate and download the report as a Raw XML file.
- Excel XML: This selection will generate and download the report as an Excel XML file.
Step 7: Optionally Adjust Settings, Use Report Options
If you chose to generate the report "On Screen":
Your report will now be displayed in table format. You have the following options on this screen:
13. Report Settings: To make changes to the report parameters, select this option.
14. Settings Summary: To view a summary of the report settings, click the Settings Summary button.
15. Export: If you would like to save the report on your computer, you can export it as Excel TSV, Raw XML or Excel XML.
16. Save Report As...: This options allows you to save this report so that you can run it in the future without having to select the parameters again. Saving the report will also allow you to insert the report into a portfolio.
17. Report Table Options:
- Show/Hide Columns: This option allows you to hide any of the columns that are currently displayed. You can also select to show them (unhide) if you have previously hidden them.
- Copy: To save a copy of the report table to your clipboard so that you can paste it elsewhere (e.g. into a Word Document on your computer).
- CSV: To download the report to your computer in CSV format, use this option.
- Print: This option will create a printer-friendly version of the report so that it can be printed.
Step 8: Browse Results
To begin browsing your report and drilling down into the results:
18. Click the Browse link.
Step 9: Select View Options
19. Your results will be displayed as a graph. Use the Line View, Column View, or Table View to change how the information is displayed.
20. If you have generated a report with multiple items, you can select to hide or show specific items by using the checkboxes and Show All and Hide All buttons.